On Thursday, August 27th, We had quite a turnout of officers and members for our regularly stated conclave. Several other Sir Knight’s attended that were not in the photograph. We had a good dinner and fellowship prior to the meting and we had a lot of business to discuss with the many upcoming events including the York Rite Festival which is being held at Sanford on both September 18th & 19th. We also have our Annual Christmas Observance coming up in December, followed by our Annual Installation of Officers. Providing honor guard duties at Masonic funerals was discussed as well as participation in a parade we were invited to in Longwood. There is a lot happening at The Orlando York Rite and if you haven’t been coming you are missing out. We need your participation.
We had our Installation of Officers for the three bodies yesterday evening, on January 8th, 2015.
The installing officers were:
- Installing Officer: Robert E. Burleson, Past Southeastern Department Commander, Past Grand Illustrious Master, Past High Priest, KCT, KYGCH
- Installing Marshall: Gerald H. Favor, Past High Priest, Past Illustrious Master, Past Commander, KYCH
- Installing Chaplan: James D. Dickenson, Past Deputy Grand High Priest, Past Deputy Grand Illustrious Master, Past Deputy Grand Commander, KYCH
A delicious lazagne diner was served at 6:00 pm by Elect Grand Commander, S.K. Theodore Hammond and S.K. Edward L. Smallwood’s wife.
Here are some photos:
Sir Knights and Companions
We have a new schedule as follows for this year’s installation of Blue Lodge Officers as follows:
Jan. 3: St. Cloud DONE S.K. Tomimbang was well pleased with the Honors we gave him for his installation.
Jan. 10: Sanford Lodge No 62, 212 Park Ave Sanford, FL Installation at 4:00 PM Dinner at 6:00 PM S. K. Patrick Velasquez will be installed as Master of Sanford Lodge and has requested York Rite Honors. Most of the Sanford Taylor Commandery S. K.’s are also in line as officers in Sanford Lodge and will not be able to be installed and perform Honors for their new WM.
Jan. 17: Oviedo Lodge No. 243 534 W King Street, Oviedo, FL Installation at 12:00 PM with la lunch following. Arrival time: 11: 15. This will give us time to make proper arrangements and to rehearse once beforehand.
Jan. 24: South Seminole Lodge No 364 Installation at 9:00 AM Breakfast at 8:00AM If you are not going to come for breakfast please be there by 8:15 so we can rehearse what we will be doing.
JAN 27: Taylor Commandery. S.K. Edgar Ortiz will be installed as the Eminent Commander of Taylor Commandery No 28. S. K. Paul Friend, Right Eminent Grand Commander of Knights Templar of Florida will be the installing officer. S. K. Edgar has requested Olivet Commandery to give York Rite Honors. This will be on their stated communication night of Tuesday Jan 27, 2015, dinner at 6:30 PM, Installation at 7:30 PM
FEB 7: District 17th Memorial Lodge. S. K. G. Frank Woods will be installed as the WM of our Memorial Lodge and has requested York Rite Honors. This installation will be at approximately 10:00AM following Masters & Wardens for the 17th District at Mokanna Lodge No 329, 4925 Clarcona-Ocoee Road, Orlando FL. The best way to so this is to come for breakfast at 8:00AM and then attend the M & W meeting. (Usually only 1 hour long) All Masons are invited to attend this meeting and to see what is going on in the district and to see what some of the other Lodges in the District are doing as well.
That is all
I hope to see you there in uniform or on the sidelines supporting the new Worshipful Masters and our Sir Knights.
S.K. Erik Andersen, P.C., KYCH
This year we have only 3 Worshipful Masters Elect from the Lodges in the 17th District requesting York Rite Honors. All Sir Knights who have uniforms are requested to participate if possible.
This gives us great visibility in the District to all the non- York Rite Brothers. The installations we have be requested for are:
- St. Cloud 221 Sat. Jan 3rd at 4:00PM. There will be a reception and meal after the installation. S. K. Wendell Tomimbang one of our newest Sir Knights will be installed as Worshipful Master and has requested York Rite Honors.
- South Seminole Lodge 364: Sat Jan 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM. Breakfast will be served at 8:00AM before the installation.
- Memorial Lodge 17 Sat Feb 2, 2015. S.K. Frank Woods will be installed as Worshipful Master of Memorial Lodge this year and has requested York Rite Honors. This installation will be held immediately after Masters and Wardens meeting (Approx 10:00AM) at Winter Garden Lodge 165.
If you have any questions call, text or e-mail me.
We like to see 6 to 7 S.K.s to look good. The more the better. I hope to see you there.
S.K. Erik Andersen, KYCH
We had an excellent evening with more than 100 guests at our Olivet Commandery Christmas Observance.
The Ladies of the Order of Amaranth prepared us a delicious a turkey/ham dinner.
Brother Dennis Ickes delivered the Christmas Message.
S.K. Erik Andersen and S.K. David Colvin filled our ears with great music.
Many authorities present, like:
- R.E.S.K. Robert E. Burleson, Past Southeastern Department Commander
- R.E.S.K. Paul Friend, Grand Commander of Knights Templar of Florida
- E.S.K. James Hawkins, District Deputy Grand Commander
- E.S.K. Harry V. Eisenberg, District Leader
- M.W. James W. Ford, Grand Master of Florida Masons
- M.W. William J. Thomas, Grand Master of New York Masons
- R.W. Johnny Brock, District Deputy Grand Master
- R.W. Michael McCool, Grand Marshall
- R.W. Steve Boring, Deputy Grand Master
- M.W. Dale G0ehrig, Sovereign Grand Inspector General Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction
- R.W. Chet King, Personal Representative to the Sovereign Grand Inspector General Scottish Rite
Also present many members of Taylor Commandery from Sanford.
Here are some pictures: